FAPA YEAR 2011 Board of Directors At-large
According to the FAPA By-laws, the Board of Directors consists of Directors At-Large and Regional Directors. Elections for Directors At-Large are held during the odd years. In the year 2011, we elect 19 Directors At-Large who will serve a 2-year term.
FAPA Standing Committee (SC) has formed an Election Committee to execute the election of Directors At-Large. Three Committee members from Illinois chapter are nominated by the FAPA President and approved by the SC. They are: Sheldon H.D. Lee (Chair), Ming-Chung Chen and Michael Chen.
Qualifications for candidacy for the Board of Directors are:
- Be a FAPA member for at least a year on the date of registration of the election.
- Pay membership dues on time.
- Be recommended by five members.
- Complete registration and pay for the registration fee on time.
If people are qualified in above requirements and willing to run for the election, please e-mail or post mail your application with $200 registration fee check (Check made payable to FAPA) to:
FAPA YEAR 2011 Election Committee of Directors At-large
552 7TH St. S.E.,
Washington, DC 20003
Responsibilities of a member of the FAPA Board of Directors are:
- To act on behalf of chapters and members within the limits of the powers prescribed to them by the By-laws of FAPA
- To make, revise and interpret the By-laws of FAPA
- To elect and remove the President and Vice President of FAPA as well as approving the employment of the Executive Director
- To facilitate strategic planning and to make decisions on issues those are important to FAPA
- To approve budget and examine income and expenses of FAPA
And, the minimum annual amount of fundraising is $500 for the Board Member.
Timetable of Election:
· August 20: Deadline for nomination and registration of the candidates
· September 10: Candidates are announced and ballots are mailed out
· September 30: All ballots are mailed to the election committee by postmark
· October 09: All ballots are counted and election result announces
FAPA member, who has not received the ballots by September 16, please report to his/her chapter president so he/she can inform the election committee. Any questions about the election, please contact committee for explanation.
Last Updated (Tuesday, 26 July 2011 22:17)