Taiwanese, Tibetans, Uyghurs and Chinese rally in Washington and Seattle, September 2015
Announcement for Year 2016 – 2017 FAPA President Election
I. Duties of FAPA President
1. Represent FAPA externally and chair the Standing Committee internally;
2. Report to the Board Members and report to the Standing Committee when the Board Members are not in session;
3. Call for the Board Meetings;
4. Provide assistance with FAPA fundraising;
II. Duties of Vice President
1. The Vice President shall assist the President in fulfilling his/her duties.
III. Candidacy requirements
1. Candidates for President and Vice President shall be current Board Members. (year 2016)
2. The positions of the President and Vice President shall be elected as a team consistent with this section. As such, each candidate for President shall announce his/her choice as Vice President/running mate before the election.
3. A candidacy for the positions of President and Vice President must be supported by at least five other Board Members in writing. Each Board Member may support only one candidacy for the purpose of this subsection. A support of candidacy under this subsection does not constitute a vote for the position of President.
4. File a Petition for the Position of President.
IV. Filing a Petition for the Position of President
1. An individual who seeks candidacy for the position of President must submit a written petition to the Headquarters at least six weeks before the election.
2. The petition shall state the individual’s intent to run for the office of the President and include the requisite support of other Board Members described above.
3. The individual may include a one-page statement of qualification and platform.
4. The individual must have fulfilled all candidacy requirements and obligations and duties as a Board Member.
V. Filing Fees and Contact
1. Candidates must complete a registration form (attached) and E-MAIL it back to President Election Committee (
). We only accept e-mail registration with $500 registration fee (check payable to FAPA) mailed to the HQ. It should be received by the HQ no later than November 10th to finish registration procedure.
2. Contact President Election Committee:
VI. Timetable and Deadlines
Nov 01-10 : Announcement of Election & Time Period for Filing of Petition for the Position of President
November 12 : Announcement of Qualified Candidates & Mailing of Qualified Candidate(s) information to Board Members
Nov. 13-21 : Time Period for request of Absentee Ballot (以總部收到書面資料日為憑)
November 23 : Mailing Absentee Ballots to requesting Board Members
December 02 : HQ receives all Absentee Ballots (以總部收到日為憑、非郵戳)
December 05 : Election by Board Members for the Office of the President and Vice President