FAPA’s mission is to protect and strengthen the U.S.-Taiwan relationship, and promote U.S.-Taiwan security in the East Asia region.
FAPA and citizen activists provide US policy makers, the media, scholars and the general public with information on issues related to Taiwan, as well as inform and update Members of Congress and their staff on Taiwanese issues.
(1) To promote international support for the right of the people of Taiwan to establish an independent and democratic country and to join the international community;
(2) To promote relations and cooperation between Taiwan and the United States;
(3) To protect the right of self-determination for the people of Taiwan;
(4) To promote peace and security for Taiwan; and
(5) To advance the rights and interests of Taiwanese communities throughout the world.
As America’s only pro Taiwan lobby, FAPA urges members of Congress from both aisles to support Taiwan through government cooperation, joint military partnerships, economic partnerships, and the promotion of a One Taiwan and One China policy.