FAPA Emerging Leaders Workshop
Since 2010, FAPA has organized the FAPA Emerging Leaders Workshop normally every two years. This week-long Workshop invites outstanding young talents around the world to Washington, D.C. to learn about U.S.-Taiwan-China relations and exchange views with each other. FAPA has cultivated more than 150 emerging leaders thus far, including Member of LY Wang Ting-yu, City Councilors Ying-meng Lin, and Jiho Chang.
FREE. FAPA will pay for the accommodations and meals for the participants during the Workshop. Participants need to cover the round-trip travel costs to Washington, D.C.
- Register Online.
- Fill out the Registration Form. (Word or PDF)
- Email the registration form and application documents to [email protected] by April 21. (All documents have to be in PDF format)
*Application documents include an English statement of purpose and a recommendation letter.*
- Participants need to submit USD$ 100 as a security deposit for their spots in the workshop. The full amount will be returned to them after they participate in the entire workshop.
- Accommodation is on a double occupancy basis.
- To apply for an air travel subsidy, please fill out & email the Air Travel Subsidy Application to [email protected]. Please elaborate on the reasons for applying for the subsidy in the application.
- Air travel subsidy is NOT guaranteed to all applicants and does NOT cover the flight fares in full.
May 1 - 15
Intent to Register Deadline
Below is the course schedule from the 2022 FAPA Emerging Leaders Workshop. We managed to add the most updated topics, such as U.S.-Taiwan FTA and cyber warfare to the schedule. The 2023 schedule is coming soon.
Click HERE for the 2019 ELW Schedule.