The Formosan Association for Public Affairs (FAPA), a 501(c)(3) organization located in Washington, D.C., seeks a full-time or half-time Executive Director to manage the daily operation of its Headquarters and reports to the National President.
The Executive Director shall:
- Be responsible for drafting and implementing work projects and daily operations;
- Be responsible for fundraising for FAPA and has the authority of managing the expenses of FAPA;
- Execute the decisions approved by the Board Members and the Standing Committee;
- Possess authority for the approval of new membership application;
- Possess authority for the employment of Headquarters staff and their annual performance evaluation;
- Be responsible in chapter expansion, visit chapters, publish newsletters and promote communications between the Headquarters, members and chapters.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- He or she has prior experience as an executive director or other similar and relevant experience.
- He or she recognizes and supports the Mission of FAPA and has an educational or professional background with proven fundraising capabilities, in any of the following: government operations, foreign policy, the status of Taiwan, and nonprofit management.
- In addition to the qualifications identified above, the candidate for Executive Director must be willing to travel extensively to meet with and build relationships with local chapters.
This full-time/half-time position has an initial term of three years, renewable by mutual agreement. The appointment of the Executive Director shall be made by the President and approved by the Standing Committee. Work hours are forty hours per week (full-time) or twenty hours per week (half-time) with reasonable schedule flexibility. The salary range for this position is $80,000 – 140,000 (full-time) or $40,000 – 70,000 (half-time.)
Founded in 1982, FAPA is a nonprofit, grassroot organization that seeks to build worldwide support for Taiwan independence. Further information, including FAPA’s mission in detail, is available at fapa.org.
If full-time, the Executive Director will qualify for health, dental and term life insurance, and a 401K plan. Annual vacation time is three weeks. Benefits are subject to negotiation for half-time employment. FAPA is an equal-opportunity employer. All employment is subject to applicable FAPA by-laws and policies.
If you wish to apply, please send a resume, by June 30, 2023, to Minze Chien, Chairperson, FAPA Executive Director Search Committee at [email protected]. Please feel free to contact us at (240) 426-0067 if you have questions about the position.