Founded in 1982, The Formosan Association for Public Affairs (FAPA), a 501(c)(3) organization located in Washington, D.C. is a nonprofit, grassroot organization that seeks to build international support for the right of the people of Taiwan to establish an independent and democratic country and to join the international community. Further information, including FAPA’s mission in detail, is available at https://fapa.org.
FAPA is currently seeking a full-time or half-time Executive Director to manage the daily operation of its Headquarters and reports to the National President. The Executive Director shall:
- Be responsible for drafting and implementing work projects and daily operations;
- Be responsible for fundraising for FAPA and managing FAPA’s expenses;
- Execute the decisions approved by the Board Members and the Standing Committee;
- Build and develop the Headquarter staff who will directly report to the Executive Director. Provide feedback, instruction, and professional development guidance to help staff members excel in their current and future job responsibilities;
- Be responsible for chapter expansion; visit chapters, publish newsletters and promote communications between the Headquarter, members and chapters;
- Oversees the approval of new membership applications.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- He or she has prior experience as an executive director or other similar and relevant experience.
- He or she recognizes and supports the Mission of FAPA and has an educational or professional background with proven fundraising capabilities, in any of the following: government operations, foreign policy, the status of Taiwan, and nonprofit management.
- In addition to the qualifications identified above, the candidate for Executive Director must be willing to travel extensively, sometimes on weekends, to meet with and build relationships with local chapters.
This full-time/half-time position has an initial term of three years, renewable by mutual agreement. The appointment of the Executive Director shall be made by the President and approved by the Standing Committee. Work hours are forty hours per week (full-time) or twenty hours per week (half-time) with reasonable schedule flexibility. The salary range for this position is $90,000 – $150,000 (full-time) or $45,000 – $75,000 (half-time.)
If full-time, the Executive Director will qualify for health, dental and term life insurance, and a 401K plan. Annual vacation time is three weeks at start. Benefits are subject to negotiation for half-time employment. FAPA is an equal-opportunity employer. All employment is subject to applicable FAPA by-laws and policies.
If you wish to apply, please send a resume, by October 15, 2023, to Dr. Mark Kao, Chair, FAPA Executive Director Search Committee at [email protected]. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions about the position.